Sarah eating a yummy chocolate ice cream. By the time she was done, it had melted and dripped all over her shirt and shorts, and their were even choc marks on the back of her shirt. She really enjoyed that one! Plus she was with her favourite man in the whole world. Her DAD!



We saw a few of these cows in New Glaris. We found Sarah a nice big warm jacket for $10, and she carried the bag with it inside all around the village. We also got her that marvellous hat. I love it! Gorgeous and practical too. What better gift for a little girl who loves hats?!



This is Ryan and Sarah with our friends, Elisa and Steel. They wanted to bring us to New Glaris. It is a little (teeny) Swiss village, about a 45 minute drive from Madison. We ate at a Swiss hotel. I shared a cheese fondue. That was pretty interesting. It was a lot of good cheese, and I had enough garlic to last me a while. And this potato and cheese dish that I really liked but can't remember the name of. Elisa is Swiss, but has been in America for a while, and Steel is American, but he served a mission for the LDS church in England. So we enjoy looking at all the British food we can find in the store (which is not much). We found some Bird's custard powdwer (I will have to get some for the winter), and Aero (I must be on a cloud) and real chocolate smarties in disguise (called smart pants or something, but really expensive) and chocolate digestive biscuits (also way too expensive), plus a few other things. Aah, the things that make one happy. Or should I say, give one pleasure...



Yay, I get to be in a pic so you get to see that I still look pretty much the same. I think Steel is suppressing a yawn in this one, probably from all the pics we took and the amount of cheese he ate for lunch:-)

It was a really fun day. Great to be exploring a different place, with the Swiss clothes and huge to teeny bells. It is great to meet good people.