I went to see my OB yesterday. I heard the babies' heartbeats and they were good. All my vitals were good, put on a few pounds and tummy increased 1.5 inches (from just under my ribs vertically measured).
I am just experiencing a lot of what is normal with a twin pregnancy, a lot of discomfort. It's reached a point where it is keeping me awake in the wee hours of the morning...
blah blah blah... moan moan moan...
So once you reach the 34rd week if you go into labour, they don't try to stop it. I will have a c-section scheduled for somewhere round the 37th or 38th week. So now it's a waiting game.
The longer the boys stay in, the more developed and stronger they will be. If I go into labour before, then I will still have a c-section, but I get whichever doctor is on call at that time... So I am just praying that these boys will know something that I don't and come at a time when there will be a really excellent doctor who has had experience with twins etc... Any extra prayers are welcome.
I have an ultrasound next week, so we'll see how big they are then. They certainly are pretty active, and man are they loving my ribs, getting under them!!! Eina!! (that means 'ouch'!)
I reckon I need to end with some good news... Wow, people have been just amazing! We have been blessed by so many. And have almost everything that we need (I think, it's been a while since we had a baby in the house). We'll have to see how many nappies a day these boys are going to go through!! we will need lots of those!!
But the best news of all is that my parents are due to arrive early next week!! The weather will be a bit of a shock for them! Coming from 30+C down to -5C (90sFarenheit to 20s and less Farenheit). But it looks like the weather will be okay the day they arrive, and we will have snow the 2 days after they arrive, so that should be fun. We are all very excited to have them here. I am glad that they will be here (hopefully) a little before the boys come. hopefully we can show them some of the fun stuff here in Madison!! And hopefully they will get to see some warmer weather while they are here too! :-)
January 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM
I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. The last few weeks of waiting are the worst, but the longer they stay in there, the better. You are all in our prayers. So glad your parents are coming up. You look great for 33 weeks with TWINS. We are so excited for you.
-- Melissa
January 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Tish you look great and I'm glad the babes are doing so well. GOod luck with the next few weeks!
January 23, 2009 at 7:38 PM
I second what the other ladies said--You look great! I'm sure you don't feel that way, though. Let me know if you want to play next week--Abbie loved Sarah. :) Hang in there, Tish.
January 24, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Cute picture of your baby belly!
January 25, 2009 at 5:34 AM
we are checking your blog out all the time to see the updates. this is such an exciting time for you guys!! i am really sorry that you are so uncomfortable. i just hope they dont wriggle all day for you as well!
You are looking pretty fab. I can hardly believe how grown up Sarah is now!!! What a beautiful little lady!
She will be an awesome helper and great big sister. I bet she is excited.
xoxoxoxoxoxo kylie
February 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM
I just found your blog & I cannot believe you are about to have TWINS! That is amazing. I hope it all goes very well.