We had a good experience today. I love the way so many stores here in America are so great about returns. Well, we have a lands end store down State Street, which is pretty easily accessible for us. Plus it is an outlet store (stuff is cheaper due to overstock, defect or returned or something) and then sometimes they have sales so you get 30 or 40% more off the already reduced prices. (check it out at www.landsend.com for those of you who don't live here) I think their stuff is pretty good quality for a reasonable price. Clothing, and some good warm stuff! I got my jacket there for a third of the price.

Anywho, we got Sarah some Land's End winter boots. They were more like thick rain boots with warm inserts! We thought they would be perfect for when it gets rainy and isn't so cold any more too! We bought them in September, and the first snow was Thanksgiving (24th? November), so she had worn them for 5 or 6 weeks. And they got these tears in them from where the boot bent every time she put her knees down... (if that makes any sense). I had seen these signs at the store of how you can take anything back, period. So I took them back today. showed the lady the tears. Gave her the receipt (glad I kept that). And she said, no problem, we'll give you your money back. And Sarah still needed boots, so we found some in the store that were marked down a whole lot, plus they took another 40% off, ending up at about the same price as her broken ones. So we basically traded them.

And that is my happy consumer story! I love being able to return things here when you need to!