The boys have now had their first cold! Granny had it (and can't seem to get rid of it), then Jonathan got it and was all congested and coughing, and then Andrew got it and lost his voice, and now I am trying to not get it. Andrew has this high pitched squeal, so we are not missing that at all, but he sounds so pitiful when he tries to cry. you just want to pick him up and cuddle him. They are on the mend now though. hopefully we get rid of all that congestion!
I breastfed the boys for the first 2 months, and then I realised that it would be okay if I didn't tandem nurse them any longer. I didn't need to feel guilty as it wouldn't make me a bad mother. So now I pump (really am the cow:-) and they drink their breastmilk from bottles, and I supplement with formula. I think we are all happier for it. I am not stuck to the couch more than half the day and feeling frsutrated, and the boys are getting enough milk in their tummies, so they are growing nicely and are happy. Andrew regularly drinks 6oz bottles and Jonathan isn't lagging too far behind. They have both put on weight nicely, Jonathan is now 11 pounds and Andrew must be over 13 pounds. They are both getting chubby cheeks and big round tummies! They are so interactive now. I just love it when they smile. Jonathan is very chatty too. It's really cute. (I really need to make a video of them:-)
Mom and dad are here for one more week. I am getting very grouchy and grumpy in anticipation of them leaving, as it makes me sad... just hate saying goodbye. It has been such a wonderful time, having them with us. Not without its discomforts and frustrations for all. I am so very grateful for my amazing parents. They have worked so hard helping take care of all of us. And helped me get to a point where I can do it! Plus they remind me regularly that I can. I love you mom and dad! Thank you for helping me so much to get used to this great change in our lives.
Dad has been amazing. Taking care of Sarah, fetching her from preschool, taking her on adventures, feeding her treats, washing dishes, doing laundry, making sandwiches for us, feeding, burping and settling boys. He has become our baby whisperer. I think he has seen what it is really like to be a mom of a newborn baby. He says he wants to learn to cook, and enjoy different tasted and flavours! Go for it Dad! We look forward to hearing about how you are helping mom with the house, and baking and cooking delicious things:-) Hopefully we'll get to try them at some point not too far away.
And mom has been incredible. Taking care of all of us. Feeding us, doing laundry, cleaning our house, reminding me of what's important, bathing, changing, feeding, burping, settling and enjoying Andrew and Jonathan. They have both done nothing but give and help and sacrifice. Thank you mom and dad. I love you both!
And now, almost 11 weeks later, I feel as though we are kind of in a schedule. I do the 2am or 3am feed by nursing instead of bottle... and the rest of the day is mostly consumed with feeding and keeping boys clean and happy. Sometimes they nap at the same time, and sometimes they don't. I guess we are all adusting to life. I love the boys more and more. And they remind me of how wonderful Sarah is.
I better go... sleep beckons... and who know how long these boys will sleep for. I hope to take more photos, now that I am starting to feel way more human. And posting more regularly... we will see how much time I have to do anything that's not absolutely essential when my full-time day helpers leave:-)
I breastfed the boys for the first 2 months, and then I realised that it would be okay if I didn't tandem nurse them any longer. I didn't need to feel guilty as it wouldn't make me a bad mother. So now I pump (really am the cow:-) and they drink their breastmilk from bottles, and I supplement with formula. I think we are all happier for it. I am not stuck to the couch more than half the day and feeling frsutrated, and the boys are getting enough milk in their tummies, so they are growing nicely and are happy. Andrew regularly drinks 6oz bottles and Jonathan isn't lagging too far behind. They have both put on weight nicely, Jonathan is now 11 pounds and Andrew must be over 13 pounds. They are both getting chubby cheeks and big round tummies! They are so interactive now. I just love it when they smile. Jonathan is very chatty too. It's really cute. (I really need to make a video of them:-)
Mom and dad are here for one more week. I am getting very grouchy and grumpy in anticipation of them leaving, as it makes me sad... just hate saying goodbye. It has been such a wonderful time, having them with us. Not without its discomforts and frustrations for all. I am so very grateful for my amazing parents. They have worked so hard helping take care of all of us. And helped me get to a point where I can do it! Plus they remind me regularly that I can. I love you mom and dad! Thank you for helping me so much to get used to this great change in our lives.
Dad has been amazing. Taking care of Sarah, fetching her from preschool, taking her on adventures, feeding her treats, washing dishes, doing laundry, making sandwiches for us, feeding, burping and settling boys. He has become our baby whisperer. I think he has seen what it is really like to be a mom of a newborn baby. He says he wants to learn to cook, and enjoy different tasted and flavours! Go for it Dad! We look forward to hearing about how you are helping mom with the house, and baking and cooking delicious things:-) Hopefully we'll get to try them at some point not too far away.
And mom has been incredible. Taking care of all of us. Feeding us, doing laundry, cleaning our house, reminding me of what's important, bathing, changing, feeding, burping, settling and enjoying Andrew and Jonathan. They have both done nothing but give and help and sacrifice. Thank you mom and dad. I love you both!
And now, almost 11 weeks later, I feel as though we are kind of in a schedule. I do the 2am or 3am feed by nursing instead of bottle... and the rest of the day is mostly consumed with feeding and keeping boys clean and happy. Sometimes they nap at the same time, and sometimes they don't. I guess we are all adusting to life. I love the boys more and more. And they remind me of how wonderful Sarah is.
I better go... sleep beckons... and who know how long these boys will sleep for. I hope to take more photos, now that I am starting to feel way more human. And posting more regularly... we will see how much time I have to do anything that's not absolutely essential when my full-time day helpers leave:-)
May 12, 2009 at 9:22 AM
Wow, you are amazing with your feeding schedule. Good for you for realizing that the way you were feeding them before was keeping you a captive of the couch. Formula is plenty healthy for babies and it sounds like they are getting breastmilk benefits too with your pumping!
Remember - I'm here. Call when you need me.
May 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad your parents have been there to help you. What a great thing for you. I'm glad that your boys are eating well and on a feeding schedule that works for all of you. Good job! Keep up the good work and good luck with the sleeping!
-- Melissa