This is me in one of my favourite places on bedrest... on the couch with the laptop. (Sarah took this one.)

Sarah kitted out to go sledding with dad. Or you could say she is kitted out to go outside...

Dad kitted out to go to school! (I think Sarah took this one too!)

So it's back to that time of wearing lots of layers and boots and hat and scarf and gloves or mittens. Taking 10 minutes to get ready to go outside. And 10 minutes to get everything off before you can really step inside. We have a towel inside the door for wet boots, and it is so muddy after 1 week of use. Plus, if you forget to leave your snowy boots on the towel or rug, then you may just step into a wet puddle with your socks! Ooooh! not so nice. 
I guess that this is perhaps not the worst time to be on bedrest!

We are in the throes of a real winter storm that started today and will go on into tomorrow night. There is freezing rain and then snow and blowing snow. they're expecting up to 10 inches here in Madison I think. I am supposed to go to the OB tomorrow, so we'll have to see what happens... They are having storm warnings in effect, saying roadways and sidewalks are hazardous due to ice and snow.

Our temperatures headed into the below 0 celsius when December arrived. 

So for those of our family and friends in South Africa enjoying 30 degrees or more Celsius and lots of rain??? I don't know which is worse??? It's just strange to think of how each extreme is happening at the same time.