Well, we have certainly had an eventful November. Between all of us having a cold at some point, Sarah breaking her collar bone, me volunteering at preschool and Ryan keeping up with all of his work and studies and extra stuff!! Plus Sarah had her 5yr check up and got to have 5 shots! Boy did she not like that! Then on Saturday our boys decided to make themselves heard!

I had some spotting, so I called my OB's office and she wanted me to go to the hospital for her to check everything was okay. I am grateful that she was on duty over the weekend. They did all kinds of tests, and there was one that was concerning... so I was put on baby monitoring all of Saturday through to Sunday morning and monitoring for contractions. The boys moved and kicked the whole time with those monitors pressing down on my tummy. I didn't have any contractions or any more bleeding. But they checked me in to make sure that everything was okay, and I got to be on a liquid diet for the day... man was I starving! Plus I got to experience the pain in your butt (literally) of Steroid injections. you get 2 shots, one 24 hours after the other, and the purpose is to increase the development of the babies lungs just in case they decided to come early. Ryan says now they won't be able to take part in the Olympics... hehehe... On Sunday morning they took the monitors off, still monitoring things regularly, and I got that 2nd shot! Ryan and Sarah came and spent the afternoon with me. It was hard for Sarah to leave me at the hospital and go home with dad. She gave him a hard time!!! Ryan has been amazing through all of this.

Anywho... the long and the short of everything is that I had an ultrasound today (monday 1 Dec), and the boys are doing great! 2 pounds each and moving and sitting on each other... and the cervix is closed and everything was looking good. I didn't experience any more bleeding and no contractions, and they redid a test that then came back negative. We don't know what caused the bleeding. For now everything seems to be okay. I guess there is still a chance that they will come early. So my OB wants to monitor me and I am on bed rest for the next few weeks. This means that I need to pretty much stay home. I can get up and take a shower and get something to eat, but most of the time I need to be laying down, or sitting back with my feet up, taking the weight and pressure off my cervix. This also means I can't clean the house or do laundry or shopping. Ryan has to do all that along with all of the craziness that comes with the end of the semester. If all goes well til 28 weeks (2 weeks from Wednesday) then I might not have to stay on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy, so any prayers to the effect of getting off bed rest and keeping pregnant til Feb will be greatly appreciated.

We have so many amazing people around us who have offered and are already helping us! With meals and playdates for Sarah and support. Thank you all! Mom and day are now planning on coming over a little earlier, all going well with their visas etc...

Now I just have to restrain myself from getting up to do stuff that I see needs to be done. And we need to not feel bad about letting others help us. That's not easy. So although some of you may think that bed rest sounds fun... and you'd like a dose of it yourself... think again. I will appreciate your emails if you have the time... I may be spending a lot of time on the computer and reading, along with playing board games with Sarah and watching movies with her and reading with her. It is already hard to watch Ryan doing stuff, and wanting to help. He has reprimanded me few times already for being up to much and not getting that bed rest.

I need to go. I am tired and need to sleep. But I wanted to let everyone know what was up... I don't know whether to say worry or not, for now things seem to be okay... but it has certainly been a rollercoaster ride... we'll keep you informed... maybe I'll be doing more blogging in teh next few weeks:-)