I have been wanting to take photos of our garden for quite a long time now, so here it is. We didn't plant any of it. We share the plot with friends, and they planted everything while we were still in South Africa. Generous and kind, don't you think? So we just weeded and harvested. well. I did. Sarah did for a few minutes every now and then. We had corn, carrots, beets, onions, radishes, beans, tomatoes, baby tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, green pepper and butternut. Our tomatoes were hit by a blight, and have died out pretty much, but I think we still have a few butternut.  With being pregnant and busy busy, I didn't get out to the garden as much as I would have liked.

Our housing has a community garden, where you pay $20 to rent a plot for a year. A lot of people have gardens here. It has been great to eat stuff that we have picked. And It was therapeutic to dig and weed and be outside and in the dirt! It was my first experience. and I enjoyed it... next year I think we will have our hands full, and will have to beg for fresh stuff from our neighbours and friends who have surplus from their gardens.




our sad looking string beans. the bush beans were great though!

Our tomatoes. and our butternut below!!