So some of you may have been wondering what has happened to us since we came back from South Africa. We had such a fabulous time, it took us all a while to adjust to being together again, but it was such a good an necessary visit for me, that it has only been a benefit since I have been back, and on the whole I have been coping with life much better. Aren't families the best, even though they are so challenging at times?! I am so grateful for mine!!!!
When we first came back my PC was dead, so I had restricted access to Ryan's laptop with him being so busy with work. And I was tired lat eat night, so I barely had time to check email and skype my family. But we now have a new computer, so I have more time and am more connected with the world. Anywho, I just wanted to explain why I have been so silent. I still think of you and appreciate all your interest in our lives. So I just had to share the next photo with you. Look closely!!
Yes!! We are pregnant!! but if you look really closely you will see that there is not only one baby, but TWO!! Twins!
No, there is no-one in either of our families with twins. No, we did not expect this in any way shape or form. Yes, it was a huge surprise and shock!!! We are due mid March, but the babies will probably be born in Feb... all going well.
Yes, we need all the prayers and help we can get.
Yes, we are totally excited, but overwhelmed. This is going to be quite the adventure. Sarah is getting used to the idea, but seems quite excited, and we are starting to talk about it more and more. We will keep you updated.
I am nearly 12 weeks along and already getting a little bump. We will let you know when and if we find out what the sexes are.
So I also put in the individual photos of each baby too. They labeled them as baby A and baby B. Each has their own placenta. And they labeled the arm and leg and head and body. I could see them move, and baby B was moving around a lot and waving. Both their heartbeats were good. I don't know how big they were, I was too blown away by the news to think to ask.
And now you know why I have been so quiet on the blog. I have been nauseous all day most days, and pretty tired. And so busy, that I have been coping with all the stuff I need to do, never mind communicating with the outside world!
Baby A
Baby B
Ok, I have no idea why I am underlining all of a sudden, but I am too tired to figure out how to fix it. will post again soon.



August 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Yea! Welcome to the twins club!!! There's J-Lo, Brangelina, the Bayneses and the Solomons! Great scans!
August 26, 2008 at 10:51 PM
Congrats!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having!
August 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM
Oh, my gosh!!!!! I'm in shock and awe. (I can't imagine what you must be feeling.) Let me just say, no, yell that again. OH, MY GOSH!!!!! AWSOME! What else can I say? If you need some baby clothes, I'll send some your way. Oh, my gosh. I'm so excited for you. Craziness to its fullest.
Love ya and say hey to your little family for me.
Heather
August 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM
Wow, Tish!!! That is wonderful news. Your scans are so clear. Very happy for you. That tiredness is so powerful isn't it?
August 26, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Hey--Bethany forgot that the Galasos are part of the twins club, too! I am so soo sooo HAPPY for you and Ryan and little Sarah. He will be such a great big sister! I am sure you were shocked, but German was wondering what Ryan did. Was he with you??? Did he pass out??? Twins are so much FUN! Sorry about the nauseousness--that's not so fun! CONGRATS! Will you email me your phone number when you get a chance?
August 26, 2008 at 11:09 PM
I meant she will be a great big sister...duh me
August 27, 2008 at 12:10 AM
Wowy-Zowy!!! What fun! When I get back from Utah I'll be at your disposal. Looking forward to seeing your little lump. :)
August 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!! That is such BIG news. Twins are awesome (I have twin sisters). It will be so much work, but so much fun!! What a shocker! I love seeing your pictures of Madison- I miss it!
August 27, 2008 at 12:58 AM
Eish!
Two for the price of one. Lekker. Lekker Lekker.
Nou gaan jy k@#.
Double trouble.
Have you bought your Pampers shares yet? If not, sell your new laptop quickly and buy some, you are gonna need 'em.
So, you guys HAVE to come back to AFRICA now, as you will need some assistance raising an extra two laaities.
Eish x 2! Lekker lekker.
I don't htink you could call 'em & B. You've been brainwashed by Dr Seuss.
August 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM
Wow!!! That is so great! Congrats and you are such good parents and Sarah will be a great sister. This is so exciting. Good luck with your pregnancy.
August 27, 2008 at 7:48 AM
Wow! Congrats. I wish you the best! Looks like we'll be having babies at the same time in Feb. But you will be much more busy than me! GOod Luck with everything!
August 27, 2008 at 8:32 AM
TISH! woah!! Hooray! We are so excited for you all! Congrats!
August 27, 2008 at 8:33 AM
oops, that was me, amy (scott's logged into his gmail so it posted as him)
August 27, 2008 at 9:35 AM
Wow! Wow! Wow! Tish, Ryan, and Sarah, I'm soooooo excited for you!!! If anyone can do you it, you can! You're an awesome mom and I miss your inspiration! Take care of yourself!
August 27, 2008 at 10:09 AM
TISH!!!!! AHHHH!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Wow - that is fabulous! I have to call you - I'm sorry I haven't yet! I will do it soon though - I promise! Lot's of love's!
August 27, 2008 at 10:39 AM
Tish, That is so exciting. I can't belive it, you, with twins! You will do awesome. Im sorry we havent been in touch for so long. It sounds like you had a nice visit home. Im jealous. I didn't realize you had a blog either so this will be nice. I am currently working on starting one so I will let you know when it is done. Lots of love Mandy
August 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM
Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! WOW!! Congrats, this is so crazy, I will you keep you in my prayers, I only wish I could be closer and help with Sarah while you're taking care of the other two. I am so excited for you. WOW!
August 27, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Tish, It is so good to hear from you... and congrats on your two new family members! How fun now you can join te ranks with Sara and Bethany... what are the chances? I am so happy for you!
August 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Wonderful! Fabulous! We are so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to hear more! Take care of yourself. And yes, families are great! :)
August 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Hey Tish congratulations!!! My sister in-law just told us this week she is having twins. It must be in the air:) We are so happy for you. Madison misses sara. She talks about her all of the time..
August 27, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I was wondering if that might be the case since we hadn't heard from you in awhile. I didn't think the computer thing was all that was going on. I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations! And twins are even more exciting. Sara will be a great big sister. If you need anything, let us know. Good luck with the pregnancy. You and those babies will be in our prayers. We want them to stay in there as long as possible.
Love,
Melissa
August 28, 2008 at 12:15 AM
TWINS!! That's crazy! I am so excited for you! Post a belly pic soon! I hope you feel better soon!
August 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM
I am so sorry I left out the fabulous Galasos... Sara is my mentor and I would whole-heartedly recommend her advice on anything twins! Look out Hollywood... you've got nothing on the chicks from Wyview!
August 29, 2008 at 4:39 PM
So happy for you! Our little ones will only be a few days apart!
August 30, 2008 at 11:22 AM
Tish, good luck with your pregnancy! I am sure Sarah will be a great helper.
September 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM
CONGRATS! We are so excited for Sarah to be a big sister, double time. We send our best wishes for a healthy comfy pregnancy.
September 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Sorry it took me so long to say Congratulations!! We just welcomed our new little girl into our family. I am so excited for you to have twins!! Sarah is going to be great! I was worried about having a second child with Tessa, but she has done great, so I know Sarah will be a great big sister!!
September 7, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Oh my gosh! How exciting for you guys! I bet you guys are just so happy, and I bet Sara is excited for siblings! Congrats! I hope your pregnancy is going well! =)
September 12, 2008 at 9:25 AM
Congrats! I am so shocked! I hope that the nausea passes soon! I am so happy for your family, and Sara will be at the perfect age to help out with the double trouble :) Take care and I will look for the next post!
Mandi