Well, for those of you who thought we had dropped off the face of the earth for the last few months... we didn't. Sarah and I visited our family on sunny South Africa for nearly 4 months. We got back to Madison a week ago. It has taken me a while to adjust from the jet lag. i think I am still tired. 

We were fortunate enough to miss the floods here in Wisconsin, although we can see the lake is very full, and some areas that are water logged. When we drove back from Chicago airport, the highway north of madison was closed due to the flooding. We have seen a little rain, but mostly sunshine, and wind and cool welcome breezes. Everything here is so green. there are these gorgeous big trees everywhere.

It has been hard for me to come back. I am glad that I have some friends who have been happy to have us back. And we have been so busy. I have been spring cleaning the apartment, taking a day or two with each room. there is so much to do in Madison in the summer. 

It is great to be home with Ryan again. We missed him!  Sarah doesn't want him to go anywhere without her. This is a nice change for me, since the last 2 months she has been attached to my side just about. I guess it will take time for her to realise that we are not going away from dad again for such a long time!

We had such a wonderful trip. We were spoiled by our family. we had a 4 1/2 birthday party for Sarah with all of her cousins. we stayed with each of my sisters while their children were on school holidays. Sarah loved that part.  it was hard to leave. I can still see my folks teary eyed at the airport... i was teary eyed too.

THANK YOU FAMILY FOR BRINGING US HOME!!!! WE LOVE YOU! WE APPRECIATE YOU! YOU ROCK! WE ARE WITH YOU NO MATTER HOW FAR AWAY WE SEEM...

sorry that I stopped blogging for a while there. It took so long to upload photos, and I couldn't upload video at all. i will update by adding more photos, and hopefully catch up on our holiday photos.

thank you everyone who reads our blog. I keep coming across people who do. feel free to add a comment, no matter how small, now and then. we'd love to know how you are and what you are up to.

Thank you to everyone who welcomed us home in South Africa! 

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed us back in the States! Thank you to those who fed and friendshipped Ryan. 

And thank you to every one who keeps us in their prayers. We need them. 

i hope to do more updates soon, when my brain is functioning.

Thank you Nanna and Rodney for flying up from Cape Town to see us, and for the wonderful gifts for Sarah. That Peter Rabbit is Sarah's favourite book at the moment. It is incredible.

Thank you friends for being friends.