Hi all. You're probably thinking we've dropped off the face of the earth or something. I am so behind on posts with photos that I think I am almost despairing. It takes a lot longer to download here. But I'll try.
Sarah and I have been staying with my sister and her family for the last two weeks. We went away with them for a weekend with a whole bunch of their friends to a dam. There were 2 boats and Sarah could have stayed on the boat all day long. When it was time for us to go home she yelled "No! I want to go on the boat today, and tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that." and the faster the boat went the better.
So I have been busy. My sister Lanelle, works at the University, so 3 mornings a week she's been at work and I've watched the kids, 4 of them including Sarah. Most of the time they all play together nicely, and then there are the screaming matches and fights (about things like who gets the pink plate etc... important stuff like that!) So I've had time to read while they play.
Sarah has just loved having playmates. Her cousin, Rachel (7yrs) is also a princess, and so they get on really well. Christopher is also 4, so they sometimes clash and sometimes play well together. And Matt is 11 so he does his own thing a lot, but can also be pretty good with the little ones at times.
They have a trampoline, and Sarah is getting used to it. She doesn't like jumping with other kids, especially if they jump high or near her. Plus they have a jungle gym too. Sarah loves climbing and swinging and sliding. The pool water has been a bit cooler now, so we haven't done much swimming since we got back from the beach.
The days are mostly sunny, but it is cool inside. And we have thunderstorms every now and then.
I got to go to some movies with my sister. and Sarah got to see 'Horton hears a Who'. It was great!! she had bubble gum slush (that's what she kept telling my folks when they asked how she liked the movie.
We also spent a day at the zoo, with my mom and dad, who brought my brother's 2 children. My other sister's kids are still in school, so we couldn't take them with. We had lots of fun. They have really improved the zoo since we last went. And so many of the animal enclosures are so much bigger and more natural. It's a pretty big zoo, and we walked and walked. Sarah didn't complain once. Plus we had a picnic lunch and icecreams!!
Life has been good. It is good to be here. We wish Ryan were with us, having a break.
At the end of the week we'll go to my other sister's house, Janice. She has 2 kids. So we'll have to take pics there. She works mornings so I'll be watching kids again, but I'm sure we'll do fun things. We'll be able to go to where we went to church and see lots of friends I hope. So I will try and keep you posted.
I can't load video clips. sorry about that. I really wish I could.
This is all going to be out of sequence again, but what difference does it really make??
Hey Jarom and Melissa.. Congrats on the birth of your gorgeous boy!!
Bethany, Paul and Abby, Congrats on the pregnancy of two!!
Wherever you are and we are not. We miss you and think about you and pray for you. You being everyone who reads our blog... and those of our friends who don't.
Sarah and I have been staying with my sister and her family for the last two weeks. We went away with them for a weekend with a whole bunch of their friends to a dam. There were 2 boats and Sarah could have stayed on the boat all day long. When it was time for us to go home she yelled "No! I want to go on the boat today, and tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that." and the faster the boat went the better.
So I have been busy. My sister Lanelle, works at the University, so 3 mornings a week she's been at work and I've watched the kids, 4 of them including Sarah. Most of the time they all play together nicely, and then there are the screaming matches and fights (about things like who gets the pink plate etc... important stuff like that!) So I've had time to read while they play.
Sarah has just loved having playmates. Her cousin, Rachel (7yrs) is also a princess, and so they get on really well. Christopher is also 4, so they sometimes clash and sometimes play well together. And Matt is 11 so he does his own thing a lot, but can also be pretty good with the little ones at times.
They have a trampoline, and Sarah is getting used to it. She doesn't like jumping with other kids, especially if they jump high or near her. Plus they have a jungle gym too. Sarah loves climbing and swinging and sliding. The pool water has been a bit cooler now, so we haven't done much swimming since we got back from the beach.
The days are mostly sunny, but it is cool inside. And we have thunderstorms every now and then.
I got to go to some movies with my sister. and Sarah got to see 'Horton hears a Who'. It was great!! she had bubble gum slush (that's what she kept telling my folks when they asked how she liked the movie.
We also spent a day at the zoo, with my mom and dad, who brought my brother's 2 children. My other sister's kids are still in school, so we couldn't take them with. We had lots of fun. They have really improved the zoo since we last went. And so many of the animal enclosures are so much bigger and more natural. It's a pretty big zoo, and we walked and walked. Sarah didn't complain once. Plus we had a picnic lunch and icecreams!!
Life has been good. It is good to be here. We wish Ryan were with us, having a break.
At the end of the week we'll go to my other sister's house, Janice. She has 2 kids. So we'll have to take pics there. She works mornings so I'll be watching kids again, but I'm sure we'll do fun things. We'll be able to go to where we went to church and see lots of friends I hope. So I will try and keep you posted.
I can't load video clips. sorry about that. I really wish I could.
This is all going to be out of sequence again, but what difference does it really make??
Hey Jarom and Melissa.. Congrats on the birth of your gorgeous boy!!
Bethany, Paul and Abby, Congrats on the pregnancy of two!!
Wherever you are and we are not. We miss you and think about you and pray for you. You being everyone who reads our blog... and those of our friends who don't.
April 8, 2008 at 8:32 AM
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with family! I am so glad that you and Sarah were able to take this trip! It is so beautiful there! I will have to put it on my list of places to visit.
April 8, 2008 at 1:05 PM
I think you are doing an excellent job of keeping the blog updated. I have loved seeing pictures of you two as well as pictures of Africa. Though you're far away, it makes me feel like you're a little bit closer.