I don't know that I managed to capture the beauty I saw in this very stark winter scene. It is far more beautiful with the snow than without. Snow has this lovely sparkly nature. Just like in the movies. It really glitters and sparkles! And can be quite beautiful. We'd had quite a lot of snow, and it's amazing how wonderful it looks as it stays on the tree branches. I don't know if you can tell how deep the snow is, but it came half way up my calves, and in other places it was even deeper.
All these photos were taken from within a few steps of our door.

It really invokes in me a feeling of barrenness, looking at all this starkness sometimes. Wondering how long winter will be, and how much colder it will get. And a deep longing for sunnier, bluer African skies.

Yes it really has been more than cold enough for us here in Wisconsin. We have had a few spells now where the temps are -13 to -22Celsius. Plus, because of the humidity and the wind, the cold cuts through you more! Oh well, a different experience in each place...