So on my birthday (15 Dec) Ryan was very busy with 2 papers due the next week, so I took Sarah out to see a show. They have them every Saturday for free at the Overture Theatre near the Capitol. This Saturday was an African drum band. At first I had to breathe deeply to not start bawling at the sound of home. And then we really enjoyed it. The music was great! We walked through the snow there and back, but it was good to be out. It was kind of an uneventful birthday, but once you pass 30.... It was Sarah's birthday, 3 days earlier that was more important. She kept asking me about my party, and told me that she wanted to go, and where was the cake. But we had so many other treats left over from hers that I didn't want to bake anything. And so another year has gone by... man I am feeling older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

December 31, 2007 at 9:46 AM
Happy Birthday, Tish! What a treat to see a taste of your homeland on your birthday!