Ryan in his graduate gown and hat outside the Humanities building where he worked on his Masters in English Rhetoric. It was an incredibly hot day. Probably in the mid 30s centigrade.



Ryan standing outside the Harold B Lee library with all the colourful flowers. They take such good care of the gardens and grass at BYU. There were tons of gorgeous flowers. Again, it was so very hot. Glad I didn't have to wear a black gown that day.



Okay, so I guess that I am wearing black, one of the few things I hadn't packed on the truck. It was fun to be there with Ryan while Heather watched Sarah for us. And we just happened to meet Erin who offered to take a pic of both of us:-) Thanks Erin.


These are the doctorate and masters graduates in the first 2 rows I think. Ryan is sitting about 6th or 7th on the 2nd row.

I enjoyed going to Ryan's graduation at BYU. The ceremony was pretty short once everyone was in the hall and seated. I think the experience for Ryan was a little different. He had to stand outside in a parking lot in his black gown, all lined up, while they waited til it was time to enter the hall. They must've been out there in the blazing sun for at least 30 minutes. And this ceremony was the main one for all of the graduates, so they didn't get to go up on stage and receive an empty carton pretending to be their certificate. That was to be done the next day with their different departments. We skipped that one so that we didn't have to travel from Salt Lake to Provo, and be stuck there the whole day. All in all it was a good long day. We went to dinner with our old bishop and his lovely wife. That was a great finish to our time in Provo. I think we were all sad to say goodbye.